drama club of the SCOE is an extracurricular activity designed to engage students in the performing arts and theatre. Saraswati College of Engineering has proudly produced several highly talented celebrities in the field of Film, and professional and amateur drama. The drama club in the college has a pivotal role in finding out the inborn artistic talents among students and nurturing them to their fullness. The drama club is one of the several active and vibrant clubs in the college. Members are exposed to different aspects of theatre including impromptu skits, monologues, blocking, playwriting, and prop selection and use. Eminent theatre personalities are invited to give lectures on the new trends in theatre. Theatre workshops are conducted to explore the possibilities for interdisciplinary linkages between different forms of performing arts. The alumni in the film industry and professional drama often visit the college to interact and share their experiences in professional life with the students.
The objectives of the club :
Theatre Arts Goals
- To provide a significant training ground for students in dramatic arts.
- To provide multiple opportunities for students to view each other’s dramatic work.
- To emphasize actor training, script analysis, and the creative design and use of production elements.
- To maintain a system of multiple production opportunities grounded in production and performance.
- Develop skills in oral language and all expressive mechanisms (voice and physicality expression).
- Develop understanding in the psychological, moral, physical, and socio-economic analysis of character (analytic skills).
- Learn the elements of stagecraft and production (crafting skills).
- Understanding the investigation of literature, history of divergent societies and cultures, and drama as a social force (cognitive base).
- Develop an appreciation of an aesthetic and intellectual activity (affective base).
- Learn the channels for creative dramatic work through original productions and alternative forms of theatrical expressions such as dance, mime, etc., (creative base).
- To realize the simultaneous opportunities for leadership and group participation (collaboration).
- Meeting and interacting with students from other schools in the context of social and intellectual activity (communicating).
- Promoting school and community relations through a display of the school’s intellectual and artistic work (creativity).
- Develop objective analysis and evaluation of issues to form a judgment. (Critical thinking)
- Develop artistic and recreational outlets for the future.
- Students learn acting skills, work on building sets and making props, design costumes and makeup, and more.