SCOE Student Council Overview
What is a Student Council?
Student councils offers a representative structure for students through which they can become involved in college affairs, working in partnership with college management, staff and parents for the benefit of the College and its students. Student council or student body is a curricular or extracurricular activity for students within college and inter college . Student council helps student to share their ideas, interests, and concerns with teachers and college principal. They often also help raise funds for college activities, including social events, community projects, helping people in need and college reform.
Student Council Role
To promote the interests of the students
To assist and advise the students
To be the link between students and teachers and management
Responsibilities of the Student Council
- Smooth Conduction of the Institute Annual Day every year.
- Smooth conduction of Foundation Day every year.
- Conducting Fresher’s day every year.
- Prevention of ragging in the campus through counseling senior students, helping the administration whenever necessary.
- Suggesting the administration to improve the student amenities to improve their career and personality building.
- Helping the administration in smooth conduct of student activities on the campus.
- Guiding the junior and needy students to improve their technical, organizational and managerial skills by organizing seminars/ symposia/ workshops etc.
- Encouraging innovative and creative skills of the under graduate and post graduate students.
- Organize the programs in the campus to improve the cleanliness and greenery in campus.
- Any activity to improve the knowledge and skills of the campus students.
- Maintenance of the peace and harmony among campus community in General and student community in particular.